"We propose a novel tactile sensing method for imaging pressure distribution on an object based on electromechanical boundary impedance tomography (EmBIT). The sensor consists of driving and probing layers which are electromechanically coupled according to the pressure and the system solves an optimization problem to find the electromechanical boundary impedance related to contact pressure. The potential at each electrode is used to find the electrical boundary condition between the layers. The proposed method can be customized for an object of arbitrary shape."
- S. Yoshimoto, Y. Kuroda, and O. Oshiro, Tomographic Approach for Universal Tactile Imaging with Electromechanically Coupled Conductors. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.67, No.1, pp.627-636, 2020.
- H. Mitsubayashi, S. Yoshimoto, A. Yamamoto, Adaptive Potential Scanning for a Tomographic Tactile Sensor with High Spatio-Temporal Resolution. In Proc. 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp.9827-9832, Las Vegas, USA (Online), 2020.
- S. Yoshimoto, Electromechanical Impedance Tomography for Soft Tactile Sensor. In Proc. International Display Workshops 2019, INP5-3, Sapporo, Japan, 2019.
- S. Yoshimoto, Smart sensing technologies for human touch. In Proc. SICE Annual Conference 2019, Tutorial 1, Hiroshima, Japan, 2019.
- S. Yoshimoto, Y. Kuroda, O. Oshiro, EmBIT: Electromechanical Boundary Impedance Tomography for Soft Tactile Sensor. In Proc. IEEE Haptics Symposium 2018, 134, San Francisco, USA, 2018.